We have two consulting rooms both equipped with modern diagnostic equipment. This allows thorough NHS and private eye examinations for patients of all ages. Many conditions, such as high blood pressure, glaucoma, macular degeneration, cataract and diabetes may affect the eyes and early detection and treatment is critical this is why regular eye examinations are recommended as a vital part of your healthcare.
*We are able to offer the latest in digital retinal imaging, where we obtain high definition images to assess the health of the retina.
The following groups qualify for a free NHS eye examination:
- Under 16 or 16-19 in full-time education
- Over 60
- On income support or income-related job seekers allowance
- Guaranteed pension credit
- Employment and support allowance
- Tax credit or holder of HC2 certificate
- Registered blind/partially sighted
- Diabetic or suffering from glaucoma
- Child/parent/brother or sister of someone with glaucoma and over 40
- Having a complex prescription over 10D
- Universal Credit and meeting qualifying conditions
Recommended interval between tests: every 12 months for children under 16, persons over 70, those with diabetes or a family history of glaucoma. Every 24 months for other adults.
"Thanks you so much for all your help. You have really gone above and beyond in your role for me and it has made a real difference."