freedom of Information Act Eye Examinations
Freedom of Information Act (FOI): Publication Scheme
This document complies with the requirements of the Information Commissioner's Model Publication Scheme for Mackereth Opticians Ltd in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and fulfils the obligations on opticians' practices under the Act.
This is a complete guide to the information routinely made available to the public by Mackereth Opticians Ltd. It is a description of the information about our NHS services that we make publicly available. It will be reviewed at regular intervals.
The information within each Class is available in hard copy from: Mackereth Opticians,6 Regent Street,Halifax HX1 2SE or can be printed from this website.
This guide information
We will publish any changes we make to this guide or relevant information. We will also publish any proposed changes or additions to publications already available.
Cost of Information
For the most part, we will only charge for hard copies, or copies onto media. Charges areas follows and will be reviewed regularly.
- Accessed from our website – free of charge
- Single hard copies – free of charge
- As the Freedom of Information Act applies to the provision of information, a request for multiple hard copies does not fall within the provisions of the Act and will attract a charge for retrieval, photocopying and postage. We will inform you of the cost of these charges that will have to be paid in advance.
- E-mail will be free of charge.
Your Rights to Information
- The Freedom of Information Act 2000 is designed to promote openness and accountability amongst all organisations that receive public money.
If you have any comments about the operation of the Publication Scheme or how we have dealt with your request for information from the scheme, please write to: Mackereth Opticians, 6 Regent Street, Halifax HX1 2SE
Classes of Information
All NHS information at Mackereth Opticians is held, retained and destroyed within NHS guidelines. Our commitment to publish information excludes any information that can be legitimately withheld under the exemptions set out in the NHS Openness Code or Freedom of Information Act 2000, the main reasons being the protection of commercial interests and personal information under the Data Protection Act 1998. This scheme has been written in accordance with those exemptions. The information on this Scheme is grouped into the following categories:
Who we are and what we do
- Company background: Mackereth Opticians is a limited company with one practice based at 6 Regent Street, Halifax Hx1 2SE.
- Details of the opticians and optometrists employed in our practices (stores) can be obtained by contacting that practice directly.
- Alternatively, details of all opticians and optometrists registered in the UK are available from the General Optical Council Tel: 0207 580 3898.
- Company Registration number 7712773
The practice also provides the following NHS-funded enhanced services: diabetic retinopathy screening, cataract refinement and glaucoma refinement
Appointments for sight tests can be booked over the phone or by dropping into the practice.
The addresses and phone number(s of our practice(s) is: Mackereth Opticians,6 Regent Street, Halifax HX1 2SE tel:01422 352883.
Opening times are Monday-Friday 9.00-17.30 Saturday 9.00-12.30.
Regular publications and information for the public
Information about optical and ocular conditions, sight tests, spectacles, and contact lenses, can be found on a number of websites including www.college-optometrists.org
Some of this information is also available in patient leaflets. These are freely available from our practice.
To request a set of leaflets by post, please write to:
6 Regent Street,
Useful Resources Websites:
Jan 2009 Copyright:
Material available through this publication scheme is copyright unless otherwise indicated. Unless expressly indicated to the contrary, it may be reproduced free of charge in any format or medium, provided it is done so accurately in a manner that will not mislead. Where items are re-published or copied to others, you must identify the source and acknowledge copyright status. This permit does not extend to third party material, accessed through the scheme.
For HMSO Guidance notes on FOI publication schemes see www.hmso.gov.uk/guides.htm.